Specifically designed for those that do not want to cut and weld in camber plates, or have already painted their engine bay.
These are our billet aluminum camber plates for the 240Z, 260Z and 280Z. Designed with the same profile as the factory upper strut top, you simply trim a slot for the gold block in the factory strut top and drill 2 holes to bolt these below or on top of the strut tower, shock clearance allowing.
The bearings on these are inserted into the aluminum blocks with what is called an "interference fit". What that means is that the holes that the bearings go into are actually a hair smaller than the bearing going into them. What we do is freeze the bearings and heat up the aluminum blocks to 200 degrees. This makes the bearings shrink a bit and the blocks expand a bit, and then they slip right in!
Once the temperature equalizes on both, those bearings are IN THERE! They will not move around or cause you any "clunking" noises. They are also held in by a keeper ring, to ensure they don't pull out of the bottom of the blocks.
Fits both front and rear of the car. Price is for a pair.
These camber plates will only work with coilovers and if you are running our coilovers, we highly recomended that you run our Camber Plate Upper Hat System in the front. Standard flat hats are required in the rear.
Please let us know in the drop down menu which style strut you will be attaching these camber plates to so that we may provide the correct hardware.
- Toyota-spec Struts with a 15mm shaft
- Koni Struts with a 15mm shaft
- Datsun-spec Struts with a 12mm shaft
- Non OEM-spec Struts with a 12mm shaft
- Full billet construction
- Anodized Gold Center Blocks
- Precision Oversized spherical bearings
- Bearings are Teflon lined and self lubricating
- Comes with all mounting hardware and new upper nuts for mounting in the strut tower.
- Machined T3 Logo and tick marks for marking your camber settings