These are our camber plates specifically designed for the Mitsubishi Starion. Because of the heavier weight of the Starion, we used steel upper plates and plated them in bright silver zinc.
The bearings on these are inserted into the aluminum blocks with what is called an "interference fit". What that means is that the holes that the bearings go into are actually a hair smaller than the bearing going into them. What we do is freeze the bearings and heat up the aluminum blocks to 200 degrees. This makes the bearings shrink a bit and the blocks expand a bit, and then they slip right in!
Once the temperature equalizes on both, those bearings are IN THERE! They will not move around or cause you any "clunking" noises. They are also held in by a keeper ring, to ensure they don't pull out of the bottom of the blocks.
If you are running coilovers, you'll want to check out our Full Upper Hat System for 2.5" coilovers for use with our T3 camber plates! These are absolutely necessary to properly mate the camber plates to coilovers.
- Steel Upper Plates, and Billet 6061 center blocks
- Plated bright silver and gold
- Precision Oversized spherical bearings
- Bearings are Teflon lined and self lubricating
- Comes with all mounting hardware and new upper nuts for mounting in the strut tower.
- Machined T3 Logo and tick marks for marking your camber settings